FlightClub Neutron-R 20×20 Race Frame and Canopy Pod
What do you get when you combine the experience over the past 3 years of designing frames and feedback from some of the fastest pilots in the world? You get the Neutron-R.
The Neutron-R is the evolution of an already great race frame, the original Neutron, into a frame that puts it in it’s own class. FPV racing is hard enough. The last thing you need to think about is a frame with shortcomings. The Neutron-R is a frame you can count on so you can focus on winning races.
- Designed for 20×20 components (see PROton-R for a 30×30 frame)
- Nucleus Plate – CNC 7075 Milled aluminum plate
- Threaded holes for arms, flight controller and front accessory (crossfire mount)
- Hybrid geometry (front SX, rear X)
- Channel slots in the aluminum plate for the arms
- 1 screw arm swap
- Double accessory slots on the top plate for GoPro and Airbender turtle stick.
- Dead X flight controller placement
- Chamfered and countersunk holes on the bottom plate
- 5mm T700 carbon arms
- Frame weight approximately 70g with 5mm 5″ Hybrid Skeleton
The nucleus plate in the Neutron-R is milled out of a solid 4.5mm thick 7075 aluminum plate (Neutron uses 3mm). Through cleaver design, the plate is strategically milled out in certain places to save weight. But an extra beefy 4.5mm thick where strength matters such as in the arm channels.
The arm channels tolerances have been meticulously tweaked so the arms slide in with virtually zero movement at all. Changing an arm only requires removing one screw. This equals rock solid arms with no flex or wiggle.
There are a total of 12 threaded holes in the Nucleus plate (6 for the arms, 4 flight controller screws, 2 front accessory) to make building and maintenance a breeze. No need to mess with press nuts or locknuts.
Instead of Butter Mounts, the flight controller is now 4 threaded M3 holes. Virtually all 20×20 flight controllers now have built in soft mounting so the Butter Mounts are not needed. Having threaded holes for the flight controller making building a breeze and there’s no need for locknuts to secure the stack.
Base Neutron-R will include the following
- 1 – Nucleus CNC Aluminum Plate
- 1 – 2mm chamfered, countersunk bottom CF Plate
- 4 – 5mm Arms
- 4 – M3x20mm Button head screws (for flight controller stack)
- 6 – M3x10mm Flat Head Hex screws (arm screws)
- 4 – M3 Nylon nuts
- 4 – Butter Mounts (can be used as spacers)
- 1- Ultralite TPU VTX SMA antenna mount
- 1 – FlightClub Velcro Strap
- 1 – FlightClub Sticky Battery Pad
- TPU Printed Hybrid Pod
- 2 – M3x10mm standoffs
- 2 – M3x25mm standoffs
- 8 – M3x8mm button head hex screws